Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Whatcha Watching? (Week of July 15 to July 21)

 
There's always something to watch on TV, whether it's a new show or the re-run of an old favorite. Here's what I'm watching this week:

Tuesday:


Extant - S01E02 "Extinct"
Sam gives Molly an ultrasound in hope of learning more about her mysterious pregnancy.

The first episode left me with enough questions that I'll tune back in next week. I want to know more about Molly, her husband and robot son, and the secret the ISEA is keeping. Hopefully, the show will remain interesting. If it does, I'll remain a happy viewer throughout the summer.

Thursday:

 
Defiance - S02E05 "Put the Damage On"

Amanda is terrorized by a stalker; the reasons for her experiences have far reaching ramifications.

I love this show. I love its worldbuilding. I love the characters. The ending of last week was beautiful, and I can't wait to see what happens next.


Dominion - S01E05 "Something Borrowed"

Alex begins training with Michael, but a vision causes him to go rogue while on a mission.

There are a lot of familiar actors in this series (Rupert Giles! Charles Widmore! Doreah!), but I was drawn by the storyline. Though at times it feels "off", I enjoy watching Dominion.

Sunday:


Witches of East End - S02E03 "The Old Man and the Key"

Ingrid prepares to move out; Freya tracks down Killian; Dash discovers his blackmailer's identity.

Though this series only has some similarities with its book counterpart, I love the new additions. They really do make things thrilling. I already have a lot of questions, and it's only episode 3!


The Last Ship - S01E04 "El Toro"

A small team heads to the jungles of Nicaragua to find monkeys for Rachel's vaccine trials.

The Last Ship captured me in its first episode. Four weeks later, I'm still in love with it. Unlike some of my other TV shows, I don't feel as if this one could last for multiple seasons and keep its steam. But we'll have to wait and see.


The Leftovers - S01E04 "B.J. and the A.C"

Kevin tries to find out who is responsible for a holiday display; Kevin gets unexpected visitors.

I sometimes find myself bored during The Leftovers, but haven't canned it yet. There's still potential for a great series. I'll keep it on my list for a while longer.

Streaming:


True Blood - S01 

Small-town Louisiana waitress Sookie Stackhouse already is viewed as an oddball by her friends and neighbors, since she can read the minds of those around her. She doesn't exactly help her reputation, though, when she falls for Bill Compton, a 173-year-old vampire who has ``come out of the coffin'' along with many of his undead comrades now that a new synthetic blood has made it possible for vampires to survive without preying on humans. Still, the conservative locals aren't wild about mortal-vampire liaisons, especially Sookie's boss, Sam Merlotte, who carries a torch for her.

I've been meaning to watch True Blood for years. I saw the first episode, "Strange Love", all the way back into 2008. But I was much more innocent back then, and disturbed by the gore and sex. Now I watch Game of Thrones. The twist at the end of "The Mountain and the Viper" almost made me throw up. So I say, "Bring it on, True Blood!"


That's all for this week. If I added anymore, I wouldn't have time for anything else! What are you watching this week?

*show summaries are taken from www.zap2it.com and show logos are from www.wikipedia.org


No comments:

Post a Comment